OK, so our Halloween party is four days away. Let’s check in on that Halloween checklist I posted a few weeks ago.
- find lights or fans for the bedroom — done, we got really cute lights… that are still in boxes
- paint bedroom ceiling/trim/walls — yeah, this isn’t happening, and that’s ok
- make a headboard — nope
- hang art in the bedroom — nope
- hang bedroom curtains — nope
- hire someone to paint the entry/stairway — we did it and we love it and it’s DONE DONE DONE
- decorate the entry — all done, I’ll post pictures soon!
- paint the upstairs hallway — we’re still debating about a color, but we’ll do it eventually
- patch paint in the kitchen — I forgot about this one. I want to do that this week
- make new door wreaths — well, I bought some at JoAnn’s, so I’ll count it as done
- FIND COSTUMES — we have all the bits and pieces and just need to put it all together
I’m really proud of us. We got the biggest project of them all finished and did a lot of things around the house that weren’t even on the list. We’re expecting this to be a much more low-key party than last year’s blowout Halloween Housewarming, and I am totally fine with that. I just think a party is a really great excuse to get a ton of stuff done around the house. It’s never looked better and I couldn’t be happier.