After all this talk about Andy’s birthday, I realized it’s been a long time since I checked in on my forty before forty list (ugh, going from a thirty before thirty to forty before forty is a little rough on the ego). I’ve already crossed a few things off this list, and I still have some really fun items to complete. And even better yet is that I still have a few years to do it!
Here’s my list and links to what I’ve completed:
1. learn to make pancakes just like my mother’s (she made the best ones!)
go on a gondola ride in Venice DONE!
3. renovate our kitchen
take a trip to Los Angeles DONE!
eat a cheeseburger DONE and DONE!
6. attend a blogger conference
7. learn to use and be confident with my camera
8. clean and organize the attic
9. eat at home 6 out of 7 dinners each week for a month
10. take an interior design class
11. throw a dinner party
12. sew a dress
13. use the grill all by myself
14. make waffle cones with the waffle cone maker I bought a year ago
have a cocktail at the Velvet Tango Room in Cleveland DONE!
16. grow an herb garden
17. clean out the basement
18. take Andy to Fairbanks, Alaska, where I grew up
19. go to a drive-in movie
20. repaint all of our interior doors
21. take a cooking class
22. go to the Cleveland Zoo
23. sew throw pillows for the bedroom
24. frame and hang all the art we have in storage
build a new garage DONE!
26. paint the guest room and rest of the attic
27. drink a Guinness in Ireland
28. renovate our bathrooms
eat at Pommes Frites in NYC DONE!
30. sell or use our trailer
31. go to a hockey game in an arena I’ve never been to
32. landscape our front and backyards
eat gelato in Italy DONE!
34. try silkscreening again
35. go on a tour of Alcatraz
36. get to my ideal weight and maintain it
37. adopt a dog
38. downsize to a smaller house
39. love my job, by any means necessary (sorry, job!)
40. have a baby
This is fun! I’m such a nut about making lists.
Here’s a picture of me and Andy eating our first gelatos in Venice. Somehow in all those pictures I posted of Italy I never posted one of us eating gelato… and believe me when I say we ate A LOT of it!