Now that our kitchen is closer to done, I get to start working on the fun stuff — decorating it! We’re going to eventually have open shelves next to the chimney, so I’ve been thinking a lot about what’s going on them. We want to have some practical things in easy reach while we’re cooking at the stove, as well as some things that are just plain pretty. I love the idea of bringing in wood tones and, of course, gold to warm up our otherwise cool grey/white/black kitchen. For color we like yellow and teal. As our jumping off point, we already have the dot tea towel from A Sunny Afternoon, which Andy gave me for Christmas (love it!) and the oil and vinegar set from Target, both of which you may have seen in yesterday’s kitchen reveal. We also bought the most gorgeous print from Lisa Congdon’s Etsy shop, which we need to frame and hang. Here’s some of my ideas.
1. white kitchen utensils — West Elm
2. oil & vinegar set — Target
3. walnut serving board — A Sunny Afternoon
4. salt & pepper shakers — Nordstrom
5. dot tea towel — A Sunny Afternoon
6. dip bowls in yellow & teal — West Elm