We’ve been talking a lot about the new house lately, so today let’s change gears and talk about what else is occupying my mind these days: maternity clothes!
A couple of weeks ago I was really excited to find myself at the mall with free time and a credit card, which of course meant I was getting a new outfit! I went into all the stores that sell maternity clothes … SO DISAPPOINTING! What I found was racks of yoga pants, baggy tops, and shapeless maxi dresses. All I could think is, don’t pregnant women go to work? Don’t pregnant women go out to nice dinners? Am I supposed to spend the next four months lounging around in saggy tunics and leggings? Because, NO. I like comfy clothes as much as anyone — when I’m at home — and I have friends who look great in maxi dresses, but not me.
I work two days a week at a bridal shop and usually wear a dress or a cute top with pants or jeans to work. It’s been difficult to find work-appropriate clothes that fit my personal style at brick-and-mortar stores, but there are TONS of great options online. I’ve had the best luck buying cute things that fit me well at ASOS and Gap. (This site has an excellent list of stores that sell maternity.)
Here are some of my current favorites to wear to work:
1. Such a cute top from Momo Maternity on Amazon. This brand makes tons of adorable maternity clothes, but I haven’t been able to try anything on yet because they rarely have my size in stock.
2. I have these skinny black pants from Gap and LOVE them. I’d wear these every day. They make me feel like Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face.
3. I also have this adorable peter pan-collar dress from ASOS.
4. More of Me Maternity makes super stylish maternity clothes that also happen to be super pricey, boo. I can’t afford it, but I just had to include this dress because I love it so so much.
5. Clearly I can’t resist a peter pan collar, like this cute dress from Bluefly.
6. Target sometimes has great maternity dresses at great prices, but there are way more options online than in stores, like this denim shirtdress that can be dressed up for work or down for running errands. (I didn’t include Target’s t-shirt dresses here, but I love this collection, too. They’re on the casual side but can be cute with a cardigan and wedges for work, and they’re really flattering for a lot of body types.)