I sure am late today! When your day starts with dog poop in the house, you know it can only either get better from there … or it’s foreshadowing for the rest of the day. Today, it’s the latter. Welcome to the first Monday after a long weekend, eesh. But at least we had a wonderful weekend and hope you all did too!!
We’re going to do a few holiday gift guides this year, and naturally I’m starting with gifts for babies, because guess what I think about 95% of the time?!
When it comes to gifts for babies, let’s be honest, they’re kind of really gifts for moms, right? I mean, a kid really doesn’t care how cute a toy or bassinet may be and Andy doesn’t care much either, but I cringe at the sight of all those horrible brightly colored plastic things with all their noisy bells and whistles. I know I’ll lose the battle eventually, but until then, I’m loving simple wooden toys, modern designs, and as many neutrals as possible.
- Baby needs a bib, so she might as well have an absolutely adorable bear-faced organic cotton bib from Fog Linen via Sycamore Street Press.
- Maybe the sweet sleeping face of this knitted sheep pillow from Blabla will encourage baby to go to sleep, too. One can only hope.
- This swaddle blanket from Spearmint Love is a work of art.
- Every self respecting hipster baby has a pair of moccasins from Freshly Picked, and I love that these rose gold ones match my cell phone. Because, of course.
- I’m a sucker for wood baby toys and love the modern design of these bird rattles from Manzanita Kids.
- This wooden safari puzzle from Petit Collage is cute enough to leave out all the time.
- Parents will appreciate how clean and modern this bassinet from Chicco is, and it’s also reasonably priced.
- Tipping the scales at utterly over the top but super adorable are these hot pink cashmere pants from J. Crew to keep baby’s legs warm this winter.
- This fuzzy baby hat from Old Navy — with ears! — looks like the coziest thing.
- Animal ears on hats and hoods are all the rage in baby fashion these days, and this furry jacket from Gap is no exception — it’s both on trend AND adorable.