I’ve been anxiously awaiting the launch of Target’s Project 62 brand for weeks. It finally became available online over the weekend and will officially be in stores on Sept. 19, but I’ve seen some pieces in our local stores already. The brand draws inspiration from 1962, the year Target was born and midcentury design was at its peak. So of course the influence is heavily midcentury, with a lot of elements that are popular right now — walnut wood tones, marble, brass, blush pink, velvet, faux fur. There’s everything from furniture to bedding to dishes … and of course a lot of those affordable decor items that are always so irresistible at Target!
Here are a few of my favorites… what are your favorites?!
1. Walnut and brass entertainment stand, $259.99 — there’s a matching desk, bookcase and other pieces, and they all look fab.
2. Walnut accent stool, $69.99 — I like this simple, clean shape. It would be nice to tuck a couple under a console table to pull out when you need extra seating, or use as a side table
3. Etched blush pink vase, $14.99 — I saw this at my store and it was so pretty. I’m really kicking myself for not grabbing it up when I had the chance.
4. Cream shag area rug, $199-599 — so much texture.
5. Terra cotta vase, $14.99 — the pattern is fun and would look cute grouped together with the pink vase as well.
6. Rose gold cocktail shaker, $12.99 — I’ve been wanting a new cocktail shaker!
7. Grey porcelain serving bowl, $16.99 — this also was at my store last week and it’s even prettier in person, with a lot of weight that made it feel high quality.
8. Faux fur pillow in blush pink, $24.99 — this looks soft and cuddly, but I like that it isn’t as furry as some faux fur pillows that look like muppets.
9. Marble and wood cheese board, $16.99 — I love having boards like this around for snacks or just as kitchen decor.
10. Color blocked table lamp, $54.99 — this also comes in a nice blue color combo.
11. Grey patterned throw pillow, $19.99 — I’m really into neutrals for fall this year and love the mix of grey and cream on this pillow.