Happy Friday! I’m so excited for the weekend. The sun is out, it’s supposed to get a little warmer, and we have plans to go out to dinner with friends tomorrow. Bring on the margaritas!
This photo is an outtake from the rainbow wall-hanging post I did yesterday. What a cutie!
This week I started some serious nap training for Olly. He’s been crazy fussy lately, which makes all of us stressed and exhausted. I knew he was overtired, but he just would NOT nap. I started a new routine, focused on trying everything I could to get him to sleep and really paying attention to his sleepy clues. We’ve learned that he needs A LOT more sleep than we thought, often being awake only 30-45 minutes between 2-3-hour naps, and while it’s still a work in progress, he’s doing SO much better. I’m seeing way more smiles now than tears. It’s definitely a commitment with lots of sacrifices for the rest of the family, but it’s worth it to teach him better sleep skills that will last a lifetime. I mean, what is there to leave the house for in January anyway?!
Besides margaritas ;)
Anyway, here are a few things that have caught my eye lately that I thought you might like too:
- All the heart eyes for Oh Joy’s office designed by Sarah Sherman Samuel. Talk about designer dream team! Updating our own office (i.e. that corner of the family room where we keep that desk we never use) is on our to-do list this year so I’m definitely taking notes. (Photo via Domino.com by Tessa Neustadt)
- These pantssssss! I’m bored with skinny jeans and I really want a pair of wide legs for spring … bonus if they’re PINK! Like these, these and these, which are my faaavorite but sold out in my size, ugh, but these are a good alternative at a good price. (Photo via Oh Happy Day’s instagram)
- I love the idea behind this new Cleveland-based baby clothing line and online shop, Every Bean Boutique, that focuses on gender-neutral clothing. I’m incredibly inspired by the way Kelly and Jeff Mindell approach dressing their little boy. Can we please just move past these outdated pink-and-blue gender stereotypes already?
- Also, can we pleeeease live at summer camp all the time?
- Another thing I’m taking notes on right now: Glitter Guide’s Favorite Beauty Products of 2017, including drugstore finds. The only makeup product I don’t buy at the drugstore is liquid eyeliner, but otherwise, if it’s not at Target I don’t want to hear about it!
P.S. Did you notice I did a little blog refresh this week? A side benefit of Olly taking more naps is me having a little more freetime ;) Let us know what you think… and have a great weekend!!