Hi guys! May already??!! It’s time for another monthly update, and April was a fun one! Here are some pictures from our month:
We made another trip up to the cabin and set up the very first furniture, a pair of brass twin beds from Wayfair // While we were there, we enjoyed an absolutely phenomenal dinner at Alliance in Traverse City. // A visit to our old Ohio City neighborhood always makes me nostalgic. // I took Ruby and the kids on our first (cold) walk of the year to the beach near home. // We hosted a really great, casual Easter brunch for family… // And the Easter Bunny brought Joey her first big-girl bike! // Olly’s first vintage Hawaiian shirt is the cutest thing ever! // Joey had fun trying on sunglasses at All Things For U in Ohio City (could she be any cooler?) // Summer hair!
On the blog, you may have missed:
- We shared the cabin kitchen layout plans and design plans
- Our ideas for the living room
- My daily skin care routine
Here’s a few links I enjoyed this month:
- How to navigate a special needs encounter, via Cup of Jo — This is a really helpful read for anyone with kids.
- Ariel at PMQforTwo shared a really fun roundup of retro kitchen accessories under $100 and several items immediately went on my wishlist, like this cute clock.
- The owner of my Pure Barre studio swears by Athleta’s Powervita leggings, and this bright violet color would be a fun addition to my boring black-and-grey workout wardrobe.
- This door + this wall color stopped me in my tracks!
- I loved seeing how this family home has evolved over the years, via Design*Sponge. We’re at the point where a few of the spaces we “finished” when we first moved in almost four years ago are ready for an update, including Joey’s “big girl room” that I’m so excited to work on soon.
- I enjoyed the first episode of the new HBO show Gentleman Jack. This Vanity Fair article about the real-life main character is interesting.
- Of course we had to buy this retro ’70s rug for the cabin.
Andy and I are heading to Philadelphia for a wedding this weekend that should be a lot of fun. I’m also working on a post about a DIY project we recently finished in our house, so watch for that soon. Happy May!