It’s June!!!! Summer is here. Life is good. I’ve been so excited for June for so long because at the end of the month we’re going to finally be installing the cabin kitchen! But, that’s a few weeks away and there’s a lottttt to do before then. First, let’s take a look at May…
Top row L-R: Andy and I went to Philadelphia for his college roommate’s wedding. One of my favorite places to stop whenever we’re in the area is Terrain Cafe for brunch in the greenhouse. // It was so much fun to get all dressed up and see a bunch of friends we don’t see often enough. // I took the kids to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History and walked over to Piccadilly Creamery afterwards for an ice cream lunch. // Middle row L-R: Mother’s Day hugs with my babies. // Joey and I (and occasionally Olly) have been doing yoga most mornings lately and she seems to really like it. // We celebrated our SEVENTH wedding anniversary with tropical drinks at Porco Lounge & Tiki Room, which we loooove and followed with dinner at Luca, which was fabulous. // Bottom row L-R: What happens when you let a 21-month-old lick the red velvet cake spoon. // Joey moved into her BIG GIRL bed!! (real photos coming soon!) // We took a trip up to the cabin for Memorial Day with the kids — stay tuned for a full post on Thursday — but this is the state of the kitchen currently. Eek.
Burritos and Bubbly posts you may have missed in May:
- DIY Built-in Shelves in Joey’s Room — I love how this project turned out!
- Put a Spring in Your Step — all the shoes I want this summer!
- Cabin Master Bedroom Design Plan — this was my favorite room design so far
- Our Bedtime Routine — a little look into our daily routine getting two kids to bed
- A Week of Lunches for Kids AND Adults — I literally worked on this post for months and I’m so glad that I was able to change *some* of our lunch eating habits
Did you see our a-little-about-us post on Instagram? You do follow us on Instagram, right?!
A few links I’ve enjoyed lately:
- My friend Laurel of A Bubbly Life featured me in her blog post about tips to fit in working out.
- These parenting tips from Chelsea of Lovely Indeed are so good.
- I’ve found a new mystery series I love called Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen. Yes, the name is ridiculous, but they’re super fun mysteries that I just can’t put down.
- I want to make The Faux Martha’s Make-Ahead Thai Mango Salad, and I love her tips for eating cleaner and more plant-based.
- Bought two of these tables to use as nightstands in the cabin master bedroom.
- And this blue toaster. How cute is that!
- Rachel of Shore Society made the most perfect beach house playlist that I’ll have on repeat at the cabin this summer.
- I’ve had six colds this year so when I started to feel a seventh coming on, I put in a same-day delivery order for these Wellness Formula vitamins that I’d read about on Emily Henderson’s blog. You have to take SIX, and they’re foul, but they have knocked out everything that has come my way for the last few weeks.
- Ariel of PMQ for Two’s list of baby & kid books with a strong female lead is SO GOOD.
You guys, did you know you can sign up to get an email every time we publish a blog post?! I know we’re not always the most consistent, as much as I do try, so that way you’ll never miss a post! You can sign up right over there on the right sidebar —–>